Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Do you bring your iron/ wax.
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
pdxrealtor
Veteran Member

Just got back today from 7 days in SLC / big/little cottonwoods. I brought my iron, wax, brushes, stones, even the jacks (we had a condo with a garage) and was going to do everyone's skis and edges at night.

Didn't even open my bag that had my maintenance gear in it, except to get out my chewing tobacco.

After riding all day, partying all night, over and over the last thing you'll want to do is maintain your board. And it's by far the last thing you'll need to do. I, just after doing a complete board tune, jacked all my edges up. No urge to even break out a black stone to clean it up even a little.

And I had the large heated garage with a place to mount my jacks (or vices).

Just leave it and forget it.

FYI- for 25 bucks at snowbird you can get an edge job and wax job if you so desire. I don't know what your edges would come out at.......lol.... but my board was hauling enough ass to not have to worry about the wax and Iv'e ridden with much worse edges this year.

We were doing mile long traverses on the back side of the bird just to drop hero snow, and I was passing everyone on the cat track.

The snow was heavy for Utah though......... but in any event take it from a guy who loves to wax and edge his board. Leave that shit at home and focus on riding, eating, and drinking!
pdxrealtor is offline   Reply With Quote