Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - board chatter
Thread: board chatter
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #23 (permalink)
ig88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Chatter is a word used to describe several different things. What he described as chatter is correct and accurate. You have not experienced this "flapping" of the noes and tail most likely because I dont think you have ever ridden rocker? Traditional camber is lass prone to this and only the softest (the old Ride Kink was bad about this) ever really got this chatter. A better, more accurate word might be resonance.

To reduce this, the only thing you can do is either slow down or ride at higher edge angles.

The chatter you are describing and everyone who is an advanced rider carving steep terrain has felt is also chatter. This is obviously the edge hold giving way from either exceeding the limits of the board, or lack of perfect technique in a dynamic carve. I responded awhile back to you directly about this question you had but you never responded so I dont know if you read it. ......
I am not an advanced rider but I think I have experienced this second type of chatter where due to my adequate technique in steeps, I slipped out and fell (up the hill) as my heel-side edge hold gave way. But just before I slipped out, the chatters I experienced also seemed to be arising in the nose and tail portions of the board. Are you saying the first type of chatter is in the nose and tail, and the second type is not?
ig88 is offline   Reply With Quote