Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - board chatter
Thread: board chatter
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #28 (permalink)
OldDog
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

My Raygun (price-point Rocker/Flat/Rocker board) is bad for both types of "chatter". Making sharp turns on tracked out steep blues is murder. My last few times out I've been compensating by bending my knees as low as possible and keeping more weight over my heel edge. Still any little thing can bounce me off my line.

As for that sketchy chatter at speed it is always the worst on the hard pack especially cat tracks (low edge angle or really just edge pressure) where you need to keep speed to make it uphill. I haven't ate it bad yet, but it always feels sketchy as hell.

Can't wait for my new Raptor to get here! Really looking forward to the C/R/C and the damper higher end ride!

Anybody want to buy a 159 Raygun with about 20 days of n00b hammering on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Uhhhh what? I don't know if I've ever felt chatter while flatbasing.

It happens to me on my heelside when I'm trying to do a good solid carve on relatively hardpacked groomers. Instead of biting and carving, the board will slightly lose grip and "chatter" sideways over the surface. It's not a smooth skidded turn, it's a failed attempt at a proper carve with no skidding.

For me the fix was to bend my knees more on my heelside. Don't know why it worked, but it did!
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote