Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review / let down by Lib Tech Skunk Ape HP
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 01:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
AlexWhyte

Default Review / let down by Lib Tech Skunk Ape HP

The good parts:

Love, love how it rides. Came from a burton custome camber. Took a day to get used to the rocker but it was well worth it. All the hype is true: easy to lift in powder, switches/turns beautifully, magnatraction keeps you on your line.

If it wasn't for what I'm about to write below I'd be a live-long lib tech buyer

The bad bits:

The bio bean top sheet is terrible. It gets cut to ribbons by anything that touches it. It's too soft. You're left with chunks missing and sharp burs. Actually ruined my new gloves, all the nicks ripped my gloves carrying the board around (maybe the only thing softer than the top sheet is your gloves and jacket that it'll rip holes in.

Even worse, the core snapped at the nose. Note sure which happened first, the break in the core or the creases in the top sheet - which could have lead to weakening the compressive strength.

End result:

I don't trust bio bean top sheets. Not sure i want another LT board because of this. Which is a shame because I was loving it.

Not idea if the nose/core snapping was a bad piece of wood or a reflection of all their boards. The skunk ape HP is meant to be for big guys, I'm not good enough to b jumping off mountains, I'm on piste and popping a few basic tricks - there's no reason this plank should have snapped.

I'll post a pic when I figure out how to
AlexWhyte is offline   Reply With Quote