Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review / let down by Lib Tech Skunk Ape HP
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
freshy
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexWhyte View Post
Thanks for the reply, I think you might have misread what I've used it for. This happened 4 days into first using it. I ride on pisted blues. Not good enough to be doing anything crazy.

Regarding the burrs. My last board was in better topsheetcondition after 10 weeks of use. Yes i could have cut the burrs off (and carried a knife with me), but my board would like my board was used as a chew toy for a shark. The bio beans doesn't seems like a suitable material for general commercial use.

Also not having an edge around the nose is a let down, I got a massive gash in base at the nose when I clipped someone's ski.
4 days into it, contact Mervin right away. Their customer service as awesome and they will probably ship you a new board right away.

Not having a wrap around edge is good, You would be paying more to fix it if you bent the edge when you hit that skier. That gash is easy and cheap to fix, if you hit hard enough to make a big gash you probably would have caved in the edge. Again a pic would help tons.
And you have a knife at home do you not?
I have honestly have not really heard anything good or bad about the bio beans topsheet. But I trust Mervin knows what they are doing with their technology.
freshy is offline   Reply With Quote