Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2012/2013 setup pics!
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #784 (permalink)
JDMITRB18CR
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr3yu View Post
Hey as I am looking at the Contact Pro for next season so thought I would ask you this, are the Contact Pros and Charges not total opposite spectrum of bindings? I though the Pros had a very freestyle feel, aka a softer high back, and the Chargers are well...a still ass Charger? Just curious on your decision to be looking at the Chargers if you love the Pros? Thank you for any info!
if i remember correctly, the contact pro's are the 2nd lightest (MCs are the lightest, Union rep confirmed this for me a year ago before the Charger came out) and stiffest 'freestyle' bindings Union makes.. those are the two reasons i decided to go with the CPs.. (the Flites are the softest freestyle bindings Union makes, i believe)

now that im realizing that im purely happy with freeriding and honed my skills to a level that i can properly use the Charger, then i wouldnt mind buying it next year IF i get a good deal for them.. but for now, im loving the CP/Raptor combo, so it would take a really good deal for me to cough up $$ for the Charger when the CPs are doing a phenomenal job for me
JDMITRB18CR is offline   Reply With Quote