Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Cartels not that stiff? Coming from Ride RX
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
TXBDan

Default Cartels not that stiff? Coming from Ride RX

Hello all,

Background: I ride "all mountain" on a LibTech T Rice. bombing down mountains, carving, glades, natural terrain. No park stuff.

So two days before my big trip to Utah last week, one of the footbeds falls out of my 2010 Ride RX bindings and is long gone. I scrambled to find a replacement but no dice. I couldn't risk wasting time in Utah dealing with it so i bought some new bindings locally.

I got some new Burton Cartels. The current model that's up on their website now. Not the ESTs, just normal mounting discs.

So i rode them for 3 days in Utah. They are comfortable and the ratchets and toe cups are fantastic. The highbacks feel fine. However, they feel soft on the toe edge. Like the ankle straps aren't giving me enough support. Does this make sense? Are the Ride RX that stiff?

Since i used the Cartels for three days i can't return them. i'm debating if i should find a new stiffer binding or just go back to the old Rides. I now have replacement footbeds from Ride so i'm good to go. I really like the ratchets and strap comfort on the Cartels though.

Any ideas or advice? Thanks!
TXBDan is offline   Reply With Quote