Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Flow Binding 2013 Q & A
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #413 (permalink)
jtg
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
I just read your earlier post about your Salomon 7.5 boot. Please post a photo of your setup Boot in binding if you can). Possibly we can troubleshoot a bir.
Damn, I just took pics for this request and discovered that it's worse than I thought Not sure if I'm even going to be able to use these now. Hope you have some ideas!

Take a look: nx2gt - Imgur

Pic 1: Foot in binding, adjusted for the first time. Heel is firmly pressed against the back, everything is tightened. Notice how far in the upper strap is - basically as far as it will go.

Pic 2: Another angle. Problem 1 is visible here - although the strap is centered as much as possible because the ladder on the left side is at it's smallest size, it is disproporionately squeezing the right side (where the ratchet adjustment is). I actually tightened it to the point of discomfort here, to demonstrate another issue.

Pic 3: Here is the second issue. That fixed length plastic strap has nowhere to go and does not go nearly small enough to match putting the upper portion, which it is attached to, on the smaller settings such as the one here. So it's just bunching up in the air. No real problems with the toe strap. Note that the lower green plastic strap portion is down as far as it will physically go, touching the toe strap ladder.

Pic 4: Standing normally in the binding, from a low angle. Heel looks fine.

Pic 5: Toe edge lean. Note how high the heel comes up, even though, as mentioned, the ratchets are so tight that they are quite uncomfortable. Although the heel is coming up, I don't physically feel it sliding up and down the back of my boot.

Pic 6: Leaving all settings locked, I lowered the highback and removed my foot, then reinserted as accurately as I could (much more accurately than I could at the top of most slopes with my other foot strapped in). I then lean forward again, and the heel comes up much higher. This time I do feel the boot sliding up and down the highback.

Pics 7 and 8 are kind of redundant and one is upside down for some reason. Disregard.
jtg is offline   Reply With Quote