Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Forum destroyer doubledog
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
liner

Not to bump a dead thread but I just picked up the 2013 destroyer dd camrock version and figured us give my .02.

I got the 154w and i am 5'8, 150lb size 11 foot. As far as speed, I found it equally as fast if not faster than my 2008(I think) supermodel 159. The supermodel is def more of a nice ride, but the forum is very quick on its edge at speed. First run of the day was nice and fast conditions and this board flew. Topped out at 58 mph on the local black cruiser. Through the slush in the afternoon it was still pretty quick but noticeably draggier.

Note I also did a proper wax as soon as i got it.

Pop was a+ and I found it extremely stable at high speeds for a hybrid. Hit some jibs and jumps and it def jumps better than jibs. Nice predictable launches of features and natural hits. Presses def have a sweet spot but once your locked it its nice.

I've always rode more freeride carving boards but gave recently got into a much more freestyle oriented style. I rarely go in the park and if your looking for a board that can help you throw some stylish shit all over the slopes, I'd def check it out.

4/5 stars intial review pending some miles on it. Assuming nothing defected happens it'll keep. My one gripe is the graphics. Gag me and cover them with snow.

Last edited by liner; 03-10-2013 at 09:39 PM.
liner is offline   Reply With Quote