Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 1's and 3's rotation technique
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
tokyo_dom

I landed my first FS 360 last season but it was a messy affair. I was looking forward to cleaning them up this season so i spent most of summer looking at tutorials and reading up on them - anticipatory carve, prewinding, tucking the knees, spotting the landing and keeping it in focus to slow the rotation and land blind...

Result: Can no longer pull off a 360 lol

Previous technique was a hard heelside carve followed by a huck of the board with enough momentum to make the full rotation (body just sort of followed suit, complete with flailing arms). This technique works over small natural features, and can almost land it off a flatground ollie, but its too messy off a kicker

I think that the points about being comfortable in the air are probably the issue. The correct 360 technique seems to be a bit too much to do in a short amount of time. Over the weekend i started increasing my jump sizes - i landed a few straight jumps over 20-25ft kickers, so i guess i can start putting 1s into the mix, and then slowly progress to 3s again (the right way this time). Its a bummer tho, i thought i had it in the bag.

Thanks Snowolf/Jed
tokyo_dom is offline   Reply With Quote