Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 1's and 3's rotation technique
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jed
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyo_dom View Post
The correct 360 technique seems to be a bit too much to do in a short amount of time. Over the weekend i started increasing my jump sizes - i landed a few straight jumps over 20-25ft kickers, so i guess i can start putting 1s into the mix, and then slowly progress to 3s again (the right way this time). Its a bummer tho, i thought i had it in the bag.
Yeah, honestly 180s and 360s will take a lot longer to get mastered when doing it without cheating and hucking your body around.

I've never seen actually ever seen anyone learn proper, smooth 360 technique in a short period of time, so don't feel discouraged, it takes time for everyone to get it down.

The plus side is once you have basic spin technique mastered, it makes EVERYTHING else a heck of a lot easier and faster to learn because so many advanced tricks build straight on top of your basic spin technique.