Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Too tight? Or just right? (Help!)
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 04:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
qiuyidio

Default Too tight? Or just right? (Help!)

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all doing well. I'm a newbie and was hoping for some feedback... I just got the DC Judge 2013 boots... in size 10, 10.5, and 11. In regular shoes I wear a size 10 but in all my times renting snow boots, I have always gone with an 11 so I figured I would cover all of my bases.

Results:
The 10s were way too small.
The 11s felt fine but slightly loose.

Which leaves me with the 10.5. Testing it out in my living room I found the following:

1) If I don't put any pressure on them, they feel good.
2) If I stand straight up, then my big toe digs into the front of the shoe uncomfortably... almost curling. Likely because of the built-in forward lean.
3) If I go onto my toes, then it feels good
4) If I go onto my heels, it feels slightly uncomfortable again because it pushes my big toe into the front of the boot. While it's bearing just in the house, I could imagine being sore if I was going back and forth onto heel all day.

My question is... do I go with the 10.5s and hope they pack out and accommodate my foot a little more? Or should I just go and try a brand new pair of boots? Also, the insoles can be molded... is that worth doing?

If I do go for a new pair of shoes, what are the things I should look for? I've read sites like thegoodride.com and others since I had no other starting point.

Any help would be tremendously appreciated!

Last edited by qiuyidio; 03-11-2013 at 01:39 PM.
qiuyidio is offline   Reply With Quote