Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Too tight? Or just right? (Help!)
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 05:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Default Too tight? Or just right? (Help!)

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all doing well. I'm a newbie and was hoping for some feedback... I just got the DC Judge 2013 boots... in size 10, 10.5, and 11. In regular shoes I wear a size 10 but in all my times renting snow boots, I have always gone with an 11 so I figured I would cover all of my bases.

The 10s were way too small.
The 11s felt fine but slightly loose.

Which leaves me with the 10.5. Testing it out in my living room I found the following:

1) If I don't put any pressure on them, they feel good.
2) If I stand straight up, then my big toe digs into the front of the shoe uncomfortably... almost curling. Likely because of the built-in forward lean.
3) If I go onto my toes, then it feels good
4) If I go onto my heels, it feels slightly uncomfortable again because it pushes my big toe into the front of the boot. While it's bearing just in the house, I could imagine being sore if I was going back and forth onto heel all day.

My question is... do I go with the 10.5s and hope they pack out and accommodate my foot a little more? Or should I just go and try a brand new pair of boots? Also, the insoles can be molded... is that worth doing?

If I do go for a new pair of shoes, what are the things I should look for? I've read sites like and others since I had no other starting point.

Any help would be tremendously appreciated!

Last edited by qiuyidio; 03-11-2013 at 02:39 PM.
qiuyidio is offline   Reply With Quote