Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #3536 (permalink)
trapper
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinajura View Post
I was a few lifts to the left of the express. Never used the express, just the smaller lift the whole day. Whichever is the one that has one of those carpet lifts going up halfway and the first aid building at the base of it is it... looking at the map (looking at the map after having been there, it doesn't look very to scale at all)... maybe it was Oak - Birch?
Either way, after that guy helped me, I managed to make it down only falling maybe 2x the whole way down, which was really nice.
Oh one of those. The listed map isn't exact since I think they made a few changes this year and the map is a bit old. I'm trying to think of which of those lifts might give you trouble. The one taking you up the bunny slope shouldn't have been too bad or those two that you access from the top of the tow rope that sit about halfway up the big bunny hill to the right.

However, that Snowberry lift that is immediately left of the Express is a bad one (I think it's listed as chair 3 on the map) because of the severe angle of the actual let off area. It's simply not flat getting off the lift, as it slopes awkwardly down to the left immediately upon let off. No problem for skiers or those who can ride one foot strapped in, but tricky for beginners for sure.

If those hills on the left are the ones that gave you trouble, DO NOT get on the Express until you are comfortable with those. Bittersweet's extended bunny hill (and Bittersweet in general) is a great place to get yourself comfortable making turns and building your way up though. Good thing you ran into someone who could help; wish I had someone to help me when I first started!
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote