Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - To wear or not to wear a Helm?
View Single Post
post #189 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 10:44 AM
East告de
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
That's because more people walk to work more often. A per capita comparison would be more accurate.

As to the insults, when you make a statement on the forum, no-one is obligated to agree with you. I think it was a dumb statement as well. I'd probably phrase it a little better... But yeah people know their limitations and don't need helmets just like they know their liquor capacity and don't need to take a taxi.
thanks Donutz, thats basically what I was trying to say. Wearing a helmet is definitely a personal decision, even though I honestly can't figure out how someone could justify not wearing one when it could be the difference between life and death, but I just thought that was one of the most idiotic statements I'd ever read and is the exact kind of thing that temps Karma to prove you wrong.

I was just at a ladies house measuring her kitchen, and as a rule, I always try to connect with them on a personal level. They're a skiing family, but theyre also a nurse and Dr respectively..one of their best friends came in in Friday after a terrible ski accident..had he not had his helmet on, he would probably be brain dead. He is a double black level skiier, and yet he had emergency surgery to fix his collapsed lung and broken back and spine..he has 2 18" rods going down his back right now.

It doesn't matter how good you are, mistakes happen. Personally, at 27, I have too much responsibility and too many people who care about me to take that risk.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX