Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - To wear or not to wear a Helm?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #189 (permalink)
East告de
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
That's because more people walk to work more often. A per capita comparison would be more accurate.

As to the insults, when you make a statement on the forum, no-one is obligated to agree with you. I think it was a dumb statement as well. I'd probably phrase it a little better... But yeah people know their limitations and don't need helmets just like they know their liquor capacity and don't need to take a taxi.
thanks Donutz, thats basically what I was trying to say. Wearing a helmet is definitely a personal decision, even though I honestly can't figure out how someone could justify not wearing one when it could be the difference between life and death, but I just thought that was one of the most idiotic statements I'd ever read and is the exact kind of thing that temps Karma to prove you wrong.

I was just at a ladies house measuring her kitchen, and as a rule, I always try to connect with them on a personal level. They're a skiing family, but theyre also a nurse and Dr respectively..one of their best friends came in in Friday after a terrible ski accident..had he not had his helmet on, he would probably be brain dead. He is a double black level skiier, and yet he had emergency surgery to fix his collapsed lung and broken back and spine..he has 2 18" rods going down his back right now.

It doesn't matter how good you are, mistakes happen. Personally, at 27, I have too much responsibility and too many people who care about me to take that risk.

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East告de is offline   Reply With Quote