Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #3537 (permalink)
kristinajura

Default Re: The Official Michigan Winter Thread

Yeah, the hill I was on wasn't too too bad. It was flat at the top, then a steeper slope the top half, then leveled out a bit, then was a not as steep slope the rest of the way. Standing at the top seeing the long run just freaks me out.

Until I get to the point where I can successfully turn with both edges, not lose control & end up going way too fast, and not fall a ton there is no way I am going on any trails more difficult than the easiest ones (that have a chair lift... that carpet thing was so slow!). I don't want to get more injuries than I already have recovered from if I can help it. Its bad enough my knee is still bruised and swollen from Saturday.
One of my cousins is a skiier and moved to colorado a few years ago, but she and I are pretty accident prone. Her skiing has given her many injuries involving casts, and enough pins put in her that she probably needs notes at metal detectors explaining why she sets them off, lol. I don't want that happening to me too.
kristinajura is offline   Reply With Quote