Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - To wear or not to wear a Helm?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #190 (permalink)
MarshallV82
Veteran Member

You've called out someone on each page of this thread.. Helmet nazis just get old! I too have been skiing/skateboarding and riding over twenty years. I just started wearing a helmet a few years ago when they got popular. I still ride without them from time to time when it's a nice spring day and just casually ride groomers with the girlfriend. I won't be surprised when insurance companies start making resorts make helmets mandatory or give them a discount if they do.

Worst thing I've had happen was a broken femur while skiing and and broken ribs/dislocated elbow while riding. Skateboarding was the worst for head injuries. Nobody wore a helmet back when I was into that. Making beginners/tourists stay the fuck off terrian they cant handle and making them learn and follow the skiers code would help curb injuries more than PPE. Kids in the future are going to have to suit up like Ironman to be allowed to have fun.
MarshallV82 is offline   Reply With Quote