Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - To wear or not to wear a Helm?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #191 (permalink)
East§ide
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV82 View Post
You've called out someone on each page of this thread.. Helmet nazis just get old! I too have been skiing/skateboarding and riding over twenty years. I just started wearing a helmet a few years ago when they got popular. I still ride without them from time to time when it's a nice spring day and just casually ride groomers with the girlfriend. I won't be surprised when insurance companies start making resorts make helmets mandatory or give them a discount if they do.

Worst thing I've had happen was a broken femur while skiing and and broken ribs/dislocated elbow while riding. Skateboarding was the worst for head injuries. Nobody wore a helmet back when I was into that. Making beginners/tourists stay the fuck off terrian they cant handle and making them learn and follow the skiers code would help curb injuries more than PPE. Kids in the future are going to have to suit up like Ironman to be allowed to have fun.
im not a helmet nazi.. I dont give a flying fuck if you become a drooling vegetable..ill bet if you did (or anyone else did ) your family would be wishing you wore a fucking helmet so that they wouldnt be wiping spittle off of your chin, pushing you around in a wheelchair or feeding you baby food. Again, let me make it clear..i dont care if you wear a helmet, thats your decision but the moronic fucking comments in this thread about why people don't wear them makes me wonder if they haven't already hit their heads too many times.

"im know my limits"
"im just cruising"
"shouldnt have been on that terrain"

guess what? youre not a professional rider, and you're certainly not infallible..how about rather than make idiotic reasons, you just say "i dont want to wear a helmet despite the fact that I know the risks inherent with high speed head injuries"?

EVERYONE makes mistakes ... Caleb Moore, Shaun White, Sarah Burke... theyre all much better at their sport than you. I'll bet Shaun White doesn't get into a halfpipe without a helmet on..and Ill also bet he knows his limitations. its a stupid fucking argument and youre just asking for karma to teach you a lesson.

so, in conclusion, suck my helmet nazi nuts

and in case any of you missed it..this was Liam Neeson's wife Natasha Richardson

"On 16 March 2009, Richardson sustained a head injury when she fell while taking a beginner skiing lesson at the Mont Tremblant Resort in Quebec, Canada about 80 miles (130 km) from Montreal. The injury was followed by a lucid interval, when Richardson seemed to be fine and was able to talk and act normally. Paramedics and an ambulance which initially responded to the accident were told they were not needed and left.[19] Refusing medical attention twice, she returned to her hotel room and about three hours later was taken to a local hospital in Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts after complaining of a headache.[20][21] She was transferred from there by ambulance to Hôpital du Sacré-Cœur, Montreal, in critical condition and was admitted about seven hours after the fall.[22][23] The following day she was flown to Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City, where she died on 18 March at the age of 45.[1][24] An autopsy conducted by the New York City Medical Examiners Office on 19 March revealed the cause of death was an "epidural hematoma due to blunt impact to the head", and her death was ruled an accident.[20]"

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX

Last edited by East§ide; 03-11-2013 at 02:08 PM.
East§ide is offline   Reply With Quote