Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Do intermediate-level group lessons universally suck?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Magnum626
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I recently took a group Intermediate lesson at Heavenly last week. It was just me and one other student. The other student picked it up quickly and was riding down blues linking turns on her 4th day. Funny thing is she was from Florida and it was really her 4th day seeing snow on a mountain.

I was lucky enough that there was just two of us and the other instructor was able to give me some more specific exercises to do while he spoke to the other student. I believe heavenly's intermediate is able to link turns and able to ride green/blue. The advanced class is blue/green. His goal was to have us doing 180s by the end of the half day session. Unfortunately my legs didn't make it to the end of the 2.5 hour session. I was riding powder after the big storm the day before and my legs just didn't wanna agree with me for the afternoon session.

I believe Kirkwood splits up their intermediate in levels 2-4 which are comfortable linking turns and on green runs and 5-6 are blue runs who are looking to get more dynamic and into park.

I would try getting in a small class or just shell out the cash for a private lesson to get the most 1:1 instruction. Also ask around on who people would recommend if that's possible.
Magnum626 is offline   Reply With Quote