Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Cartel's! Can't be Centered?!!
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #44 (permalink)
surfinsnow
Veteran Member

To the posters who blamed this situation on REI a while back...I don't think that's entirely fair. I have no interest (other than my membership with them), but to say the lesson learned is to never the trust the guy at the board shop, when your "board shop" is REI...I think that's obviously a lesson poorly learned. REI is fine if you done your research beforehand, but they're a mass-market retailer and their sales people have to help in several different areas. You'd be crazy to take them as absolutes in experts in snowboarding, when tomorrow the dude might be selling kayaks. A good snowboard shop will have people that live, eat, breath and (sometimes) sleep snowboarding. I've bought great gloves there, got a fantastic Red helmet with speakers, some fine stuff...but I wouldn't trust their floor sales people for a decision as important as boots, bindings and boards. Just my humble opinion.
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote