Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Whistler BC - Weather calling for rain, mean snow in mountains?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #22 (permalink)
oldmate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwillo View Post
It's snowing all week, sure the freezing level might be high but the place is absolutely massive, just stay above the peak to peak gondola and you'll be sweet.
But isn't the peak to peak gondola at the peak?

I was at whistler a couple of weeks ago when they had a Pineapple Express roll through, similar to the next weather setup I believe. It rained hard in the village and they had solid amounts on the hill overnight (bout 40cm I believe) but it was just absolute shit. So thick, heavy and wet. Not enjoyable at all. And not just that, they shut the alpine down. Due to the increased avvy risk with that type of snow. Trees were essentially unrideable due to the quality of the snow. It was seriously the worst day of snowboarding I've ever had.

You could face downhill on a black run and not move. I remember pretty much bombing the hill from the top of jersey cream chair, making one turn and coming to a complete stop.

Interior bc/Alberta are much better bets.
oldmate is offline   Reply With Quote