Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Whistler BC - Weather calling for rain, mean snow in mountains?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #23 (permalink)
Karpediem

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmate View Post
But isn't the peak to peak gondola at the peak?

I was at whistler a couple of weeks ago when they had a Pineapple Express roll through, similar to the next weather setup I believe. It rained hard in the village and they had solid amounts on the hill overnight (bout 40cm I believe) but it was just absolute shit. So thick, heavy and wet. Not enjoyable at all. And not just that, they shut the alpine down. Due to the increased avvy risk with that type of snow. Trees were essentially unrideable due to the quality of the snow. It was seriously the worst day of snowboarding I've ever had.

You could face downhill on a black run and not move. I remember pretty much bombing the hill from the top of jersey cream chair, making one turn and coming to a complete stop.

Interior bc/Alberta are much better bets.
Our last day there on our trip was the Pineapple Express a couple weeks ago, and we only made it a half day. Note though OP, conditions there can change day to day....just go if you have never been.
Karpediem is offline   Reply With Quote