Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ns sl?
Thread: Ns sl?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
NightRider2613

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer357 View Post
Deacon,

I ride a SL in the Midwest. It is perfect IMO.

You can take it in the park if ya went. It handles well on lousy hardpack and ice, and if we happen to get some deep snow, it will hande that too.

I was trying to help my fiance progress this weekend so I was trying to ride switch and spin and generally just dicking around all day Sat at her speed and trying to give her pointers.

The board is very forgiving and I had a blast. My old board would not have allowed me to pay more attention to what she was doing that what I was doing without landing me on my head.

FWIW, I consider myself to be on the upper end of intermediate in skill, 6" 225lbs size 12 boot and I am riding a 158.

There is nothing I wont try to ride as long as my board is on snow.... I stay away from rails and urban features, they hurt when you test them with your face... LOL.

I do enjoy jumping both Natural features and well made man made jumps and the board works well for me.
Interesting that you are pretty much my exact build (I am 6'2", 225 lbs), and are riding the 158. I was thinking about getting the SL in a 161 for my riding here on the East Coast but I have a size 11 boot, so I am wondering if I should go with the 158 instead. Do you have any problem with toe drag riding the 158 with size 12 boots? I ride large Cartels as far as bindings are concerned, so they should have no problem fitting on the 158. This has definitely peaked my interest as I would definitely prefer the 158 vs. the 161.
NightRider2613 is offline   Reply With Quote