Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

The Colorado Conditions, Meet ups and General Talk Thread

644K views 8K replies 303 participants last post by  bseracka 
#1 ·
I know it's early, but damn, we need some snow.

Colorado | OpenSnow

That shit looks like a repeat of last season.

#743 ·
All in all... pretty good weekend. Rode all day at Keystone yesterday. Decent snow accumulations but really rutted out all day. I really like some of the runs in the Outback. Crashed in Breck, had dinner, and drank in the hot tub.

Got ~10k feet in this morning at Breck.. all groomed with some fresh in the trees (love some of the runs on peak 10) and then bolted before noon. Still caught traffic at the tunnel:thumbsdown:

I'm a little bummed that we've got ~4 weeks before most of the resorts close:( I've had great season and progressed a lot.

#756 ·
I shouldn't have been talking shit.... i just took the hardest fastest fall this year so far. Came off a roller and slid out on some ice patch going mach 2... 280lb rag doll action. as long as my ankle doesn't blow up I'll be there. I have a chick riding with me tomorrow too. I usually start at lionshead and wander from there. Ill know by the end of my work shift...

#759 ·
I shouldn't have been talking shit.... i just took the hardest fastest fall this year so far. Came off a roller and slid out on some ice patch going mach 2... 280lb rag doll action. as long as my ankle doesn't blow up I'll be there. I have a chick riding with me tomorrow too. I usually start at lionshead and wander from there. Ill know by the end of my work shift...
Nice I usually hit northwoods or blue sky or take orient up and then work my way back to the parks....btw got a first hand report? Joel is all over the place with his forecasting tonight.

#764 · (Edited)
I've been enjoying hike-to steeps with tons of smooth untouched softies days and days after snow for the last few weeks at the Love, its been epic. I won't tell but I will take you.

Yesterday was 2x 2 hour laps basically (had a large crew that easily doubled the time though). Branching into the backcountry should be rewarding...(man I love to hike around the resorts tho...)

#766 ·
Today

Keystone > Beaver Creek. I went over to Beaver Creek and it was awful. That warm day must of killed Beaver Creek. It looked like early season. It was the dreaded fluff on crust. There were bare spots and it was miserably windy.

Drove back over to Keystone and had a decent day. The conditions were very windy, but there were some fresh lines.

The lower elevation has affected Beaver Creek. Over here in the summit area we are at a higher elevation so our conditions are a lot better.

Disapointed about Beaver Creek.

#769 · (Edited)
those little letters say "drop in"

Soo good. Got first tracks today on a south facing slope. Showed up from 1-2:30 and got 2 of the 4 runs the cat made. We've had so much good sun AND snow lately it was just knee and waist deep butter.

I'm riding every weekday at the Love the next few weeks, holler for a mob tour...

Has anyone been to Winter Park recently? I haven't been there in years.
I got a free lift ticket, just curious !
Pretty sure they've done as well as Loveland and Abasin for being as far out from the rest of Summit as they are, but then again as you go north Steamboat has kicked more ass then most places the last few years. I'm not a fan of the joint but it's not like I'll go and have a bad time. Just go! Try not to get stuck on too many cattracks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.