Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Best 2012 rear entry Bindings Flow vs Gnu vs K2?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 03:09 AM   #44 (permalink)
wildhorse

As a Flow NXT-FSE (red ones) user for three seasons, I wouldn't buy them again. I couldn't recommend Flow bindings to anyone. If I was going to buy rear entry bindings again I would probably go for K2-Cinch. I don't like the new Hybrid strap on NX2-SE and K2-Cinch has big rachets that can be easily adjusted with gloves. It is very difficult to adjust thos little Flow rachets on my current bindings with gloves, and NX2-SE has little rachets as well.

The main problem is Flow bindings is very few people figure out how to set them up properly to avoid heel lift, and even if you do, you need to adjust them on the mountain repeatedly. On the front foot, it is possible to eliminate the heel lift completely by sliding your boot in, closing the binding and tightening the straps as much as possible. You don't need to remove that boot so its ok. On the back foot, you will get a little bit of heel lift, but its minimal if binding is set up correctly. You still won't don't get the same response from back foot and front foot. Fortunately the front foot response is more important in general. When using this setup, it is possible to hard carve precisely in Flow bindings without problems. During ride, snow can build up under your back boot and freeze, so binding cleanup after unstrapping is necessary.

Although the new Hybrid strap should be able to eliminate the heel lift problem completely, in my opinion the design is questionable and has small rachets. It looks more like Flow is experimenting with it.

Next season I'm probably going to buy Burton Cartels or some other traditional bindings.
wildhorse is offline   Reply With Quote