Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Straight airs and flatbasing
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
tokyo_dom

Default Straight airs and flatbasing

So after figuring that the key to getting my 360s down is to get more comfortable with bigger airs, i have gone back to doing straight airs/indies etc and just increasing size. I think the biggest i hit last weekend might have been 20ft, but I do get somewhat uncomfortable on the ramps

I know that for straight airs you should be flatbasing in the final approach, but i keep thinking "what if i catch an edge right before the lip?" In normal riding it isnt an issue (and i could correct most situations), but on the bigger jumps i am now hitting them with a lot more speed. And even a slight imbalance off the lip could mean a trip to the hospital

What worries me most is the possibility of hitting one of the carve lines from those doing spins (possibly one of my own ), so i am riding into the jumps with a bias towards my toe edge (not completely flatbased). Should i stop doing this, grow a pair and go to a true flatbase?

It probably sounds like i am making a big fuss about nothing (since i am sticking the jumps at the moment), but i want to make sure I have these straight airs locked down with the right technique, and ideally even move up to bigger jumps without fear
tokyo_dom is offline   Reply With Quote