Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

The Colorado Conditions, Meet ups and General Talk Thread

644K views 8K replies 303 participants last post by  bseracka 
#1 ·
I know it's early, but damn, we need some snow.

Colorado | OpenSnow

That shit looks like a repeat of last season.

#1,353 ·
Here is a little video with all the dudes in it. Trailer Tom did this edit.:eusa_clap:
My thoughts watching that vid:

:huh:.....:icon_scratch:.....:dunno:.....:).... :laugh: ....:eusa_clap:

Opening day = little festival. Is that the case everywhere at yours?

#1,354 ·
I was planning on going up to Berthoud pass this weekend with the girlfriend and my roommate. Holler if you see us.

My schedule at work for the next two weeks is going to be a little varied so I'll be able to get a few mid-week days in. :D Weather permitting, I think I might make a solo trip before the weekend. I'm not sure where yet.

#1,358 ·
Made it up to Berthoud Pass today to scope out the snow situation. :thumbsup: For mid October it's not looking too bad. I messed around a little bit on the East side. Other than me, there were two other guys on the west side of the pass and another group doing car laps down Hell's Half Acre.

24 degrees in the parking lot. Boot high, heavy snow, in most places but it's not enough to keep from hitting the ground in spots while riding. I did one pretty good cartwheel when my board clipped a big boulder underneath the snow.

Snow Sky Mountain Nature Mountainous landforms

Near the top of the old Mines Peak Lift, looking west. Forgive the Instagraming.

#1,397 ·
Not to be a d-bag, but I agree with BA on this. If you normally ride park and are hitting booters/rails you should already have your riding style and tuning preference locked.
I just moved out here and we had to keep our edges somewhat sharp where I was from because of the ice. Just seeing if there are any park guys and what they do.
BurtonAvenger..here's a link for you braj http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/17/opinion/sunday/how-depressed-people-use-the-internet.html?_r=0

#1,370 ·
Heard something hilarious and sad at the same time yesterday about the Peak 6 expansion on Breck. Looks like those fruity eco terrorists that burned the lodge down over in Vail years ago are threatening to torch peak 6 right now. The FBI is up here patrolling in full force. Had some friends run into them while skinning up the other day.

#1,373 ·
Well the reason is that Peak 6 is not part of the ski area yet. It is a land grab by Vail resorts that Vail resorts go approved. Environmentally safe? I am not sure where you get that.

As far as what they are doing, not really going to do anything. Vail won, you now have to pay to use your public lands.

#1,375 ·
Snowboarding is not environmentally friendly by any means.

Pollution, noise pollution, chemicals in the water to make the snow so it lasts/forms easier, diverging runoff, use of natural resource to make snow, cutting of trails, garbage, fossil fuel consumption, a snowboards production isn't exactly eco friendly, what happens to old boards after we chuck them?, etc. etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.