Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Scorpioned while flat basing and now I can't anymore
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
TorpedoVegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by East§ide View Post
Even when you think someone is flatbasing, they're usually not..you need to pick an edge..even if its just SLIGHTLY to one side, and you wont catch your edges.
My ex-friend (unrelated) insisted that he rode flatbased..I told him to pay attention when he thought he was doing that and he came back and told me that he was actually putting a very small amount of pressure on his toes without even realizing it.
Exactly...... Don't ever simply flat base unless you want to end up doing an awesome scorp eventually. Always, always stay slightly on edge...I have a C2BTX board as well, and it will save your ass compared to a regular camber board, but I still never ever, ever, ride without engaging an edge. You can ride out a landing flat and most cases be fine for a little while, but if your not on an edge ASAP you might end up on yer ass pretty quick.

I think of it like this... If you're actually flat basing, you're not actually snowboarding, what you're doing is standing on a snowboard. My 2 year old can stand on a snowboard (flat-base down a hill), but he sure as shit can't snowboard.

Last edited by TorpedoVegas; 03-12-2013 at 06:31 PM.
TorpedoVegas is offline   Reply With Quote