Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Scorpioned while flat basing and now I can't anymore
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #26 (permalink)
unsunken

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
First up you might need to put pressure one one side to not catch an edge, I was like that for years so I know exactly what you are talking about but what you are not hearing is that I have learned to be able to ride completely flat based and I dont think im any kind of super badass snowboard guru / physics defying athlete lol.
Im talking no edge, no edge pressure, its like carrying your momentum across a flat box, people can learn to do that so I dont see why you cant accept that a person could learn to do the same on snow.

Arguing asbout this rediculous.
I also used to be pretty good at riding flat-based. Doesn't work everywhere and doesn't work well in choppy conditions. I'd still occasionally catch an edge, but my board was soft enough and I was used to the feeling enough that I could correct it and wouldn't fall. Ungraceful? Certainly when I had to make corrections. Doable? In the right conditions. I don't do it anymore though, since we actually get snow out west that would cause constant edge catching. That and after taking a snowboarding hiatus, my reflexes aren't what they used to be.
unsunken is offline   Reply With Quote