Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Scorpioned while flat basing and now I can't anymore
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 12:50 AM   #56 (permalink)
Rookie09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
I may not be the worlds best wordsmith but you know what I mean.
Im dead serious about this lol. I can point my board down a run and go straight for as long as the undulations in the terrain allow completely flat on my base. I now realise it is hard for some of you guys to believe but its true

Rodney mullin on a skateboard can do a kickflip, knock the board back the other way mid air, land on it upside down and slide along a box then do a 360 flip out and ride away. Sounds fucking impossible, but he does it.
I'm not saying that you can't do that. I can point my board straight down the hill and ride it as long as I want to as well. that being said, I always keep an edge slightly pressured so I can engage at a moments notice. I'm also not saying that it's impossible to do it your way as well. If you want to have no edge pressure, no tendency to engage a specific edge at a moment notice, and you can want to let the mountain take you where it wants, then props to you. But sooner or later, the mountain might decide it doesn't like you anyway and will knock you down. If that's the way you like it, then go ahead and ride that way. I'm not going to because if I'm going to get hurt, I'd rather do it while attempting something not so pointless.
Rookie09 is offline   Reply With Quote