Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Scorpioned while flat basing and now I can't anymore
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 12:07 AM   #59 (permalink)
Rookie09

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtg View Post
That's fine as long as it doesn't cross the line to giving false information. As I said, I scorpioned on a flat cat track, which I was flat basing on because you need speed, as you said.

I'm not looking for tips on how to wrecklessly bomb a run on a flat base. From my perspective, I can't even safely get speed to make it up a flat section on a flat base, yet I see others not only doing that regularly, but also bombing. Which suggests to me that it's possible to do reliably without spilling. That's the reason for the question.
To progress, you have to pressure an edge. Keep your knees bent in a dynamic stance so you're alert and always ready to correct if you need to. The more you do it the more comfortable you will get and you can then start to relax on it a bit more. If you to, you can move on to completely flat basing runs, but that is unnecessary for practical purposes. You probably won't be able to tell the difference in speed between using no edge and using slight pressure on an edge.
Rookie09 is offline   Reply With Quote