My favorite part of this thread is that it took 9 pages to get about 3 decent posts for the op.
- when flat basing don't be an asshat and run into people
- flat basing takes practice, and not always great to use it everywhere
- monkey's will kill their alpha leader if he is a bitch (read it in the news the other day)
- learn to use a bit edge when flat basing, even if you eventually don't always use this technique
- after 50-50s on a box, try some basic butters it will improve you awareness of the board
- we aren't skiers worrying about turns, but using an edge can be faster then trying to flat base to the bottom .. Sometimes .. Maybe most times .. Myth bust it
- 100% real east coast ice is not edge-able(it happens from time to time) it is like a 600m box, pick your line, avoid it if you can/want .. Or flat base it for a sweet ride.
- having an edge is not the only means of control .. Spinning in the air with no edge can still be controlled .. It is in the setup, similar with flat basing