Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Scorpioned while flat basing and now I can't anymore
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #75 (permalink)
edlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
1...keep weight on the nose
It only took 85 comments for JTG to get the answer on how to flat base. People seem more interested in fighting words than snowboarding advise. Somehow the topic of flat basing always gets heated.

I think people eat it hard when they stand up and relax and take the weight off their down hill leg to take a break. If any weight is off centered to the rear of the board, the tail will want to come around to either toe edge, scorpioned, or heel edge, WWF suplex.

If your weight is toward the nose of the board, it is like gravity is pulling you, if it is towards the tail, it is like gravity is pushing you. For those that don't drive, if you pull a shopping cart with one hand, the cart will go straight, if you push a shopping cart with one hand it will want to turn unless you fight it.

I've watch guys do "wheelie" on the tail of their board and not eat it, so I know that riding the tail flat is possible.

I was lost with the whole physics, inertia, gyroscopic, momentum, rigid body discussion.
edlo is offline   Reply With Quote