Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Cross-Country Board Tour
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
neednsnow
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixie View Post
If you only have a limited amount of time or money, hit up the Central CA coast over So Cal for sure.

Well, it depends....

santa monica and san diego will have crowded beaches with sun and hot chicks in g strings. But they are some of the most annoying self centered human beings on the planet and the beaches are filthy and polluted. I wouldn't want to go in the water is most areas. Traffic is some of the worst in the country.

Cental coast is unspoiled and gorgeous. However it will be over cast and in the 60s even in the summer.

Sonoma is good only if you like wine. Santa Cruz is fun. Put San Fran/Berkeley/East Bay on the list too.

Also, there's a good chance Mammoth will be open in June this year
I've been pretty frugal all the way and I have friends in Santa Cruz and Santa Monica, so I should be good. I'll hit all the spots along the way and San Fran will be put on the list. Thanks! I've been there before, but I should hit a Giants/Phillies game. Any suggestion of what to do in Berkeley?

Mammoth is definitely a consideration, as well.