Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Knee sprain?
Thread: Knee sprain?
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 11:42 PM   #33 (permalink)
jml22

Medical service plan for incomes under forgot what lol.
Here's what my plan for you would be in person:
Find out how long itll be for the "free" MRI via manitoba health care.
If it's longer than a month start calling private imaging centers and plead your case.Find out your parents medical plan and find out if you're covered under them still.

When you plead your case, make sure you're talking to someone who can actually change the price. So if you call, plead your case and the person says they can't change the price, ask to speak to someone who can and then plead your case again.

If that fails, and your wait time is like 3 months or something stupid. maybe think about biting the bullet. Pretty much you want to rule out an ACL tear, but i don't think it's that because your knee would have swelled up really badly when you hurt it. To get your MRI, you might have to go back to your doctor, tell him about the night pain and how it keeps you up. Shit even remind him you're 21 and it's been 2 months you've had this pain lol. Drop the alarm bells on him so he will take you seriously.

Is your knee still swollen or does it swell up when you do stuff?
For now i'd go on crutches and do quad sets for sets of 10, 3-5 times a day everyday.
jml22 is offline   Reply With Quote