Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Who will be hitting up Bear this season?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #67 (permalink)
bcollins

I try and follow the tahoe weather guy from opensnow. Obviously the storms up there don't always result in snow/rain down here in SoCal but it's a semi good determinant for what's ahead. Anyway, he's predicting a much cooler couple of weeks with some moderate storms starting this weekend....again, in Tahoe. He also forecasted this dry/warm spell this week and doesn't appear to be to concerned with it. If you remember, there was quite the warm weather down here before this last storm, that dropped about a foot in bear, so winter may not be quite over yet. we'll see...hoping to get at least another couple days and I have a trip to Mammoth planned at the end of March.

Anyone go to Snow Valley? I know it's kind of a dumpy resort but for the price it's not bad and 80% of the people that go there stick to the bottom run. Pretty good when there is snow, sadly that's kind of the issue with that place. I'm not a park guy but my kid enjoys it and it's decent. Probably as good as snow summit's, probably nothing compared to Bear's.
bcollins is offline   Reply With Quote