Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - JVC Adixxion, Contour ROAM, or wait till next season?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 02:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
tokyo_dom

Default JVC Adixxion, Contour ROAM, or wait till next season?

I just started looking at POV cams with Fisheye lenses, after getting some promotional emails showing how cheap the original Contour ROAMs are getting. Seems you can pick one up for $115 ish now that the next model has been released.

Then i started searching some more and found that for about $40 more i could get a JVC Adixxion, which not only has an LCD to confirm footage, but wifi to connect to your smartphone etc. It also does 720p at 60fps out of the box, so that could be useful.

But does anyone have any convincing arguments for/against either of those cameras? I dont want to look like a teletubby, so no GoPros for me.

But i also started realising that the snow season is winding up kinda fast here in Japan. Slushy snow, social obligations to be out getting wasted instead of waking up early to go to the snow etc. Should i wait the start of next season when these might be selling for under $100?
tokyo_dom is offline   Reply With Quote