Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Snowboarding groups

843 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  coldblood92 
#1 ·
Hey, I don't know if this has been discussed, but I didn't see it on the forum. Is there anywhere to discuss getting a group together or coordinating schedules to hang out on the mountain? Here's my problem:

My wife works 10 hour days 4 days a week so she usually doesn't want to go to skiing/boarding except that one day in the middle when she is rested. She also has the Accord which is our only car that can handle snow. My 350Z grips like a duck on ice and couldn't fit a board anyways.

I hate snowboarding alone so I was wondering if there was a section where people could post when they'll be heading to the mountain and maybe set up a carpool or something. I just moved to Oregon and I don't think going once a week is going to do it for me, plus I'd love to meet some new boarding mates.

#2 ·
The only reason I thought a sub-forum might work better is that it might attract a browser who isn't a member yet. I know anyone could set stuff up through PM's, but I think it would be fun to get bigger groups together. Considering you work and play at Meadows, I'm pretty sure I'll run into you (not literally I hope) sometime.

I think we could all get together an sew little patches on our jackets and start crap with other groups. Then we could have a dance-off instead of a knife fight. The losers have to buy the winners a new tub of hair gel and a leather jacket. I need to stop watching TV...

G
#3 ·
I would be excited to see it too. I live in newberg and drive up on the weekends. I take my saturn up and it really never has a problem up there. I am a timberline/ski bowl guy though. so we should have a NW section that has at least the 3 major resorts borken up into groups so that we can all talk to the right people. But if you guys every want to hook up at the mountain toss me a PM or somehting and we can arange it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.