Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Girl on a Jones Flagship - good idea?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #45 (permalink)
neni
The Swiss Miss

Default Girl on a NS Raptor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyTracers View Post
Wow I weigh more then you and was told even the 154 would be way too big for me. Forget that though, I'm going for the 156 never summer raptor.
I somehow lost the intimidation by long boards by now and rode my husbands NS Raptor 164 today. Hit some centimeters of fresh snow: phantastic floating, like a surfboard (no wonder with my 120lbs)

The edgehold on icy slope parts was great too, by now, I lost the chickenshit attitude on ice. It's also very agile and fast egde to edge, but what was most striking was the carving. Wow, this board likes to carve! It eats groomers. It's increadible, how you get faster and faster with every turn. I was so shorttaken by the sudden amount of acceleration it develops in the middle of a carve, I almost flew out of the first ones After adjusting body position to those additional newton that build up, it was pure fun!

Actually, I'm quite surprised, how nice it was to ride. Would have expected to struggle somehow. Seems, my level is sufficiant to handle most boards in an acceptable manner (I'll give hell to the shop assistant not wanting to give me the test Billy Goat 'cause "girls can't ride such a board")

Compared to the Flagship, the Raptor was noticeable softer to ride. The chopped up stuff was by far less transmited to my feet. I've less tired legs after a day on this huge Raptor than on my Flagship. But at higher speeds, the Flagship appears to be more stable to me. I didn't like the feeling of the Raptor's rocker (I guess it's the rocker that caused this slight flabby feeling) on hard, flat straight lines. It didn't chatter or else (my husband rides it in by far higher speeds, so its obviously possible) but it didn't gave me the save "like on rails" feeling I have on the Flagship. Might be the different shape? Or the additional stiffness?
Anyway, the big board was big fun, but I'm glad to get back to my "small" big Flagship

Last edited by neni; 03-15-2013 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Correct funny non English words
neni is offline   Reply With Quote