Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - stevens pass
Thread: stevens pass
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #106 (permalink)
jtg
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
"Turning people away when lots are full? What else are they supposed to do? Parking on Hwy 2 is illegal. If there's nowhere else to park, there's not much else Stevens can do. They started using the Yodelin lot and busses this year for extra capacity.", exactly my point, if they're turning 100's people away every weekends, they have no need to lower or maintain any prices, the sport (skiing or boarding) is going back to a time when only the rich kids could afford to ride, so keep raising the prices and thats how you'll eventually be able to put a handle on the parking issue.

Not sure where you're getting that BAKER doesnt have spring operations, BAKER has always been open later then Stevens.

As far as costs go, their diesel costs should be way, since the chairs are now electric/wind powered.

Anyone who knows Duncan or the rest of his family and staff, knows that he is a simple man and is very comfortable with his life and doesnt need to fall into the ways of corporate greed
Yeah, Stevens was sold a year ago to a very large real estate company, owned by a larger investment company. I'm sure they'll be heading in Crystal Mountain's direction more and more. Their sole duty now is to maximize profit. Not just make a moderate profit, like any business, but maximize the returns to the portfolio for investors. Things will change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlude97 View Post
Is this a serious question? It says SC/DD
It is a serious question. Does DD access the backside via non double black runs? I've never taken it because the signage at the bottom says it serves double black terrain only, which is outside of my skill level.
jtg is offline   Reply With Quote