Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Scorpioned while flat basing and now I can't anymore
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #101 (permalink)
karkis

aw jeez... hate to be 'that guy'...
but i like riding flat based. its fast, its fun... its kinda like the diff b/w 180s frontside and blind side, it really feels better (to me) to go blind...
im not saying i ride long distances w/out pressing either edge at all but i do press hard and flat with my front foot and, as little as possible, lightly / occasionally use my back foot for little corrections
the key is keeping your nose pointed in the direction of travel, if your board is pointed where your going its not possible to catch an edge
yah the ground can push you around and if you don't anticipate it you might pivot too far, catch and scorpion, but if your watching your path and you know how gravity will affect your momentum then its totally reasonable to ride pretty much flat az possible, with only a little bit of micro adjustments.
i think its like landing blind airs cuz yah you gotta trust the board and momentum, it does feel like you give up some control, just relax and let gravity take charge, if theres any slope you'll end up pointed strait down the fall line and thats fun!
or if its a flat cat track, like the traverses around RMR, you go further faster, dont need to unstrap to skate 50 metres like the rest of the jibbers.
karkis is offline   Reply With Quote