Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Groomer board - help me choose
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
neni
The Swiss Miss

Red face Groomer board - help me choose

Umpf... how ironic... I finally managed to learn to ride fast enough to stick to the tails of the guys at blacks, now they start buying telemark skis and want to spend the non-pow days on blues and reds Good thing: I finally get the time to play around, ride switch, improve carving.

I love my Flagship 158 on blacks and pow, but it is not the right board for such slow groomer days. Riding a NS Raptor 164 for a day, I was surprised, how much softer it was on bumpy groomers and how easy to carve, even if it was far too big for me. So I'm thinking of getting a second option for those days, when there's no fresh snow and the pack changes to telemarks.

My prerequisites: pure groomer board, softer than the Flagship, but must be stable at higher speeds (50mph) and nice to carve as the Raptor. There'll be a test day with these brands

Would be great, if you could give me some hints, what boards I sould have a closer look at and why.

I'm 120lbs, app. 450 days boarding (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...od-idea-1.html)

Last edited by neni; 03-30-2013 at 03:58 PM.
neni is offline   Reply With Quote