Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - To wear or not to wear a Helm?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #216 (permalink)
East告de
Veteran Member

Perhaps we ought to take this to PM or email, even phone if you'd prefer . I fully supported your dealing with that troll, and my post above yours in that thread basically echoed your sentiments exactly . The point was simply that as a forum member, it's incredibly difficult to determine what is and isn't appropriate as a response when it seems to change with each thread. I may have gone over the top with ETM, but I honestly feel that if a statement is idiotic, there's no reason not to say so. You're right, calling him an idiot may have been unnecessary, but a duck is a duck and a stupid statement is a stupid statement. I understand that as an admin and someone who has to moderate the forums you deal with a number of different circumstances , but I was and always am simply trying to contribute to a conversation. I don't go out of my way to attack someone, but I will also defend myself and my opinions. Also, I happen to find being called a helmet nazi incredibly offensive. Maybe as much or more so than you may find the word idiot offensive. Again, I don't expect you to, but if you took the time to talk to me personally, you may see that I am just being honest and thoughtful. I play devils advocate to provoke discussion , not argument. Some people take offense to that. That is their issue, not mine. You did ask me to tone down using the word idiot in reference to a person and I did, however I think calling something idiotic is in an entirely different context . I don't want to argue about this anymore or have any bad blood. As I mentioned earlier, I support and respect your opinions and the work you do... I wasn't calling you out because I don't agree, I was just saying that I'm clearly not a troll and that the way that thread ended made it unclear to me what is and isn't acceptable. I apologize if you took that as a personal attack as it wasn't intended as such .

I hope that we can let this argument die and that you and I can move forward from this. I enjoy this forum immensely and have learned alot from it, mostly from your posts.

(Btw, I'm Jewish and while the word nazi may not offend you , it does offend me to be caled a helmet nazi.. Rather than report the post and complain, I simply take it and spin it. We all handle things differently.)

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX

Last edited by East告de; 03-17-2013 at 09:47 PM.
East告de is offline   Reply With Quote