Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Safety on the hills
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 11:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
MarshallV82
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
Maybe I sound like I'm whining and I'm used to being on hills but sometimes just sit at the bottom of a run with a beer and watch people go down and it makes you wonder how there are not more injuries.
I'm actually more vary on blues than reds. Red's are less crowded for the most part and you don't have to contend with having Alberto Tomba showing off while grazing your ass as you try and avoid a father teaching his little girl to ski.
East coast rider? Overcrowded resorts full of begineers can be a death trap I suppose.

I feel fine in Colorado, I've almost had one serious accident this year, little girl popped out of trees onto a steep groomer. Luckily the snow was soft and I was able to stop quickly. Fast =/= Out of control. Most of those guys can avoid traffic better than you think. Most people seem to be good about following the skiers code. I always blast my music while riding, I don't see how it distracts anyone.
MarshallV82 is offline   Reply With Quote