Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Evergreen Wildlife per request
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 01:10 AM   #14 (permalink)
MarshallV82
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Where'd you find that pic?

The summer I was living in Estes Park a sick mountain lion wandered into town and had to be put down.

I'm a hunter so it doesn't really bother me. The unfortunate truth of the matter is that every wild animal ever born is pretty much guaranteed a horrible death at birth. Get sick and starve, get old and starve, get killed by a predator, etc. A quick bullet is about the cleanest death an animal can get.

I've only seen two mountain lion. One ran in front of me on my way back from fishing the South Platte down around Deckers and the second was taking a nap in my backyard here in Evergreen.
I've been hunting quite a few times, I don't have a problem with it. I just can't get into it. My friends are just as crazy about hunting as I am about skiing/riding. Very true though, I've been reading about wolf packs a lot lately, nature is fucking violent. I'm so glad we have thumbs and shit.

A friend of mine had a basset hound that chased a young mountain lion up a tree, they just relocated that one. I think they give 50 tags/year on Mountain Lions up there, they're getting pretty thick. No idea what it costs though
MarshallV82 is offline   Reply With Quote