Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Scorpioned while flat basing and now I can't anymore
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 05:13 AM   #158 (permalink)
neni
The Swiss Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by East§ide View Post
Probably alot of this has to do with the type of board you're on too.. I love my Evo, and I regularly hit 35mph+ but that's when I'm holding a tight edge and really working the board.
I'd say, the equitation could look like that: Terrain+condition * board shape * riders ability+confidence = flatbase safely

Assume the same terrain+condition (same resort 10 years every weekend, long runouts with flat hardpack in the morning, softer in afternoons, about 25° at the beginning, no bends, good overview, you need a certain speed to reach the snow-bar) AND the same rider (I'm rather precautious, no daredevil like the guys), the board shape variable made a big difference to me.

- On Custom X/Liberty Carbon (camber): never flatbased, too afraid to catch an edge, never reached the bar (no idea about the speed, had no app then).
- On Raptor (hybrid rocker): no way, the rocker felt too wiggly, only reached 43mph: walk to the bar.
- On Flagship (technically hybrid camber but actually flat): now flatbasing commonly and with confidence (up to 50mph): even had to break at the bar

But if you add a bit of riders ability+confidence, the board shape will be compensated, a.s.o.

Last edited by neni; 03-18-2013 at 06:04 AM.
neni is online now   Reply With Quote