Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Safety on the hills
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 07:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Soul06

Nothing personal but this does sound a lot more like whining than valid complaints.

1) I, from time to time, record while I ride. I have a Contour camera that mounts to the side of my helmet. Allows me to watch later or share with friends who may be interested. Don't see the problem with that. Thats the purpose for them. To record memories that can be watched later.

2) If you were talking about people ski/riding fast down green (beginner) trails then I could understand. But down Blues (Intermediates)....sorry but no. You can't expect everyone else to slow down for you because you want to cruise down an intermediate trail. Riding out of control is one thing. Everyone should be in control. But I could just as easily complain when I'm trying to ride fast/hard, in control, and there are two or three people who want to ride 10mph taking up the entire trail randomly carving back and forth forcing me to have to either shoot closely by them or stop all together till I can make out which way they are about to turn.

3) Rocks in trails. Thats youre job to avoid. You can't expect resorts to search every trails marking or fencing off exposed rock areas. Thats part of riding and your responsibility to avoid.

4) As for the place you road being icy....well not much they can do about that. As someone said before, its a weather dependent sport. You can only make so much snow and obviously the lift offload area is going to be ridden down to virtually nothing.
Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote