Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Evergreen Wildlife per request
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #19 (permalink)
bamfb2

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
I'm a hunter so it doesn't really bother me. The unfortunate truth of the matter is that every wild animal ever born is pretty much guaranteed a horrible death at birth. Get sick and starve, get old and starve, get killed by a predator, etc. A quick bullet is about the cleanest death an animal can get.
Not a hunter, but this is true. I'm especially big on 'culling the herd' hunting, especially when humans throw off the balance of the food chain by protecting one species while hunting something else.

That said, I get a little sad about the big cat being shot and tracked for 12 hours, though that particular skill is a big part of hunting. Probably why I'm not a hunter.

The last time I went hunting, I saw a massive many-point (?) buck that was traipsing around with a few other deer; it looked like a cow and had enormous balls. I couldn't shoot it because it looked too glorious. I later shot a small doe as recompense. I felt terrible afterwards. Hunting fail.

Last edited by bamfb2; 03-18-2013 at 09:26 AM.
bamfb2 is offline   Reply With Quote