Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - stevens pass
Thread: stevens pass
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #116 (permalink)
DrnknZag
Veteran Member

Default stevens pass

Jesus Christ people, it blows my mind how fucking ignorant so many people are about the backcountry around Stevens Pass. Especially since the Tunnel Creek incident last year.

It boggles my mind how many people I see hiking either to Hollywood or towards Wenatchee/Highlands without gear. Specifically yesterday with the high loading of snow and wind. The thing that REALLY set me off yesterday was heading home and seeing 4 snowboarders hiking up Hwy 2 back to the resort, no BC gear whatsoever. Turns out they rode right down one of the biggest slide paths coming down from Grace Lakes to the highway. Not only did they put themselves in danger, but every motorist that crossed that slide path while they were on the slope above.

Since Tunnel Creek last year, I do see more people riding Stevens with gear, but it seems like there's even more riding the backcountry adjacent to Stevens with no gear. It's only a matter of time before someone gets themselves in a bad situation or even killed.

/rant
DrnknZag is offline   Reply With Quote