Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - why all the hating on BOA lace system????
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 03:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
arsenic0
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtHOODrider View Post
I know snowboarding reviews and opinons are bias and sometimes go by more by trend following or lack of real knowledge but it gets old. I bought DC torch 08' with dual BOA and the fit and quality is FAR supeior to any other boot I seen.except some top of the line Burton or lash boots but brand is besides the point. All snowboarders should know that Burton,32 lash,Dc and vans are really the top of the pile. But every foot is differnt so people please top giving misleading advise about boots!! Because they are the most crucial item!

PS: only get BOA if its dual and a high end model

the end
BOA isnt bad, the internet just brings out the trolls who hate everything except what they own(or can afford). If i had found BOA boots that i liked over the Hails i ended up getting I may have gotten those. But to me the BOA system while nice is such a minor improvement for a far greater risk. If that mechanism goes out your day on the mountain is done, possibly several days if you dont rent/buy new boots while waiting for replacements through warranty or what not. All for what? To save 30 seconds in the parking lot lacing up?
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote