Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Nitro Team Gullwing W vs. NS Legacy vs NS Heritage X
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #25 (permalink)
trapper
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
Also taking Heritage X vs Legacy question - is Heritage really not for advanced beginners? The reason is that I've tried yesterday some very short backcountry route through the woods, and really enjoyed and liked it. However, it was very difficult, and I am not really sure if that was only my incompetence or Nitro Team Gullwing fault as well... Taking that into consideration: can I choose Heritage and then "grow into" it slowly? or that would be too steep change and better take Legacy and then perhaps Heritage or similar after few years of practise?
Like I said, I'm just finishing my second full season of riding. I've been on my new Heritage X 166 for a few weeks now and the board has been great. Really outstanding compared to my first board which was a full rocker and technically more forgiving in terms of edge catches. Still had no problem riding this board after a couple of hours adjusting to it. But, one of the big differences between you and I is our size and specifically weight. Board stiffness is relative to that and something like a Heritage is going to feel a lot softer to me that it would for you.

My advice if you can't try them out? Research the hell out of them from all sources, including here. But in the end, I took the advice of a few people on here that really know their shit and bought the model and size suggested to me. If people here that know what's up (which is not a category I fall under) are saying you're better suited for a Legacy in a 159 or whatever size they are saying, then that's probably the route you should go.
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote